Am I....

spoiling my 9 month old by picking her up when she crawls at my feet fussing? She does it quite often, and I am not sure if I am creating a bad habit. ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she need something? if she needs something, then no, you're not spoiling her. does she play by herself for a little bit, is she able to do something without your constant attention all day? i'm assuming she can, since you said she crawls to you, unless you put her down and she immediately comes to you every time. if she's doing those things, then you're not spoiling her. sometimes babies just want some affection, so they'll come to you and either really want something, or just want you to hold them for a little bit.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Maybe but who cares! She is your baby and you should enjoy holding her!! :0) As long as it isn't constant to the point of you not getting anything else done and then I would recommend an infant carrier.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I agree with ArmyWife. I pick both my babies up and love them when they need it. If they want attention, I sit on the floor with them and they sit in my lap rather than me carry them, and we play or I just hold them and we sing.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• AGREED! Who cares! if they want to be held hold them....there is going to come a time when they dont want that and then you'll miss it~ get it while you can~!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I sure hope not! Because if your spoiling yours im spoiling mine too. =D
    StefaniJerkface

Answer by StefaniJerkface at 3:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2011