What temperature is your heat set on?

How much is your heating bill? Have you ever tried to knock it back just one degree to see how much you save?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• 66 we are on that budget thing so we pay the same every month and it gets adjusted at the new year... currently running about 92 a month
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We have a gas heater keep it at 61 round the clock and use electric heaters in the room we are in making it closer to 64-68 depending on the room. Our bill for gas is around 150.00
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I keep it at 67 or 68. I can't wait to get out of the house we are renting, it's a old Victorian with terrible insulation and OLD 6 feet windows. Thank goodness we qualified for LIHEAP this year. And thank goodness we are moving at the end of this month to the south (tread cold for hot, which means high elec bills for air cond). But our bills were around $600 a month last year!!! In those cold few winter months.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 73, and we have gas heat...so it's normally between 275-320.
    January and Feb. are the worst months.

I live in Baltimore, and we had got that big snow in Feb. It was like 13 degrees outside....our gas bill was over $500.00. Talk about major suckage.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Today I had the a/c on. A few days ago it was snowing and in the teens and today, it has been upper 60's!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We keep it around 68 and have turned it down but with the prices continuing to go up it did not save us any money. Lose Lose
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Ours is set at 70 degrees. Our bill is about $100-140 a month. I have to fight to keep it at 70... my husband walks around in his tshirt and complains it is too cold. I am like..."put a damn sweater on and some socks for pete's sake!". UGH! I guess 70 is a good compromise. He would have it at 75 if I let him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I keep heat on 68, AC on 73. Our high in the summer on electric $can go as high as $325. Averages $280. In the winter Gas goes up to about $42 max. The only thing we have on gas is the furnace. Even the year we had the 9 day ice storm and temps stayed 13-19 the whole time gas was only about $70. We are in San Antonio
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Ours is at 71-72 and our bill is about $140.00 a month I don't like winter and I am not going to be cold so I keep it fairly warm
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We keep it around 68. We're in CA, and it doesn't snow where we are, but it's about 50 during the day, and 35 at night, so we use the heat a bit. Our electric and gas is about $75/mo.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011