please somebody help me

i have this horrible back pain right now it started hurting about 1 hour ago...i sometimes have back pain but never this bad i am laying on a heating pad right now and i had my husband rub it but it still hurts really bad

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• If this pain extends down your leg and maybe around your waist area across you back it couldbe sciatica. I recently had an episonde that I couldn't hardly walk, sit, lay down. If I kept a heating pad on my lower back it helped but no paid medication worked. Call an orthorpedist and get in to see him. My regular health care person told me it was arthritis. The ortho told me I should have back surgery, or get cortosone shots. I opted for the shots because I am beyond menopause. Anyway, let me know if this is helpful.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• That's really vague. What kind of pain? Where, exactly? What brought it on, if anything? Does anything help relieve the pain?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it could be a strained muscle...or something could be out of alignment. depends if it's high or low...it could be sciatica if it's low. if it's high, you may have pulled something.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Is it lower back pain?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• its in the middle of my back on both sides of my spine
    jesslovesyou08

Comment by jesslovesyou08 (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Do you want me to give your back a massage? Or what is the question exactly. If it is lower backpain than try to give massage to your feet and Achilles vain. It helps. Plus the warm and the rest.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Upper between the blades could mean heart attack or lower could mean kidney stones, these are off the wall.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it sounds like you strained your muscle...just alternate heat and ice and slowly stretch it....rubbing it should help too..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• What kind of pain? We need more than just location. If it's this bad, you may need to go to te ER. They will ask the right questions to determine the cause, and potentially give you what you need to stop it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah, I'm going with kidney stones...I had the same thing back in Oct.
    I thought I was dying, if it's not better in 24 hours, I would go to the ER.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011