How can I find the strength to go??

Im moving at the end of the month and the worst part is I cant take my son. I go in the room and get sad, see his pictures and cry. im gonna miss the i love you mommy, mommy did it make u happy i gave u that picture and so on..... but i know this is the only way i can get somewhere to make a better life for me and my son.. if its hard now, how am i going to do it come moving day?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• and please please please dont make me feel more horrible
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• AWWW! How come you cant take your son? dont think I could ever do that!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• cause according to the great state of Fla, my ex has residential/physical custody, he screwed me over 3 years ago i dont want to take him with and get in trouble....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• That must be awful, mama. Hang in there, it sounds like you're just doing the best you can for your family. You'll be together again, and hopefully, things will be even better. I hope you at least get time together until then. Make the most of it!! Good luck, mama! Positive thoughts your way!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Maybe once you get settled where you're going you can try to fight for physical custody of your son. Good Luck Mommy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• SO sorry you are going through this! I would make sure to call and write your son every day if possible...maybe he could do the same...leave him a fav trinket of yours send him funny cards in the mail... try and make it as fun as you can til the next time you get to see him...
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Chin up, keep your goal in view and don't let it out of your site. you are doing this to better the both of you and you can and will succeed. Think positive, keep remiding yourself why you are doing this. Now and until moving day, be strong for the both of you, he will always love you and someday realize what a sacrifice you made for him. Good Luck. You will make it!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• That must be awful. but it is the right thing to do in the situation you're in. Make sure you communicate everything in writing to your sons father., keep copies. Have a long talk about what you are doing and why with your son. Make sure he knows you aren't going because of him...kids interanlize things like that. Call as often as you can. Send post cards or letters in the mail too. When my GKs first came to live with us all those things helped the kids make an adjustment. (Circumstances were totally different..but still Mom was suddenly not there). On the day you leave hugs and kisses and resolve in your heart that you WILL make this work out for the best for both of you. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah, I live in FL, the family court system here is CRAP
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thank you ladies..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011