What do you think of when you hear "Mental Ward"?

sdj1953

Asked by sdj1953 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• I think of people who need mental health. I have a sister who is mentally ill she is an amazing person and can't help she has a mental illness she lives a very full life in spite of it. Every 5-6 years she will have to check into a mental health facility to adjust meds and get the mental rest she needs. I don't think anything negative about mental illness no different than any other illness other than people treat the mentally ill like shit.
    Anonymous

• I think of a safe haven for people who need to be there to get the treatment that they need.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The scene from nightmare on elm street where it explains how freddy was concieved. Or the scene from one who flew over the cukoos nest where they are all in a big exercise room and they are all in pjs walking around.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• A place my mother needs to go to
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• A ward at the hospital that is locked where people that aren't mentally stable at the present time are being treated.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my first 72 hr hold and a full body search
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• of he place in my home town, it's referred to as "the green roof inn" because it has a green roof.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• A safe place for people to go get the help they need.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Place that I would love to work at!
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sadly I think of my grandma. When she was alive she was bi-polar and schizophrenic. I remember once when she stopped taking her pills and she had to go to the "mental ward". For some reason it was quite traumatic for me. Probably cuz I'm from such a small town and news travels fast and it was probably just that I was embarrassed.
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011