what do you do for energy?

some people drink coffee some people have other ways of keeping up with lifes demands. what is yours?

bakersmummy

Asked by bakersmummy at 8:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• If I can get motivated enough, exercise, walking, cleaning the house, etc. gives me energy... otherwise coffee, tea or a diet energy drink!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I haven't found anything that gives me the boost I need! a lot of people rely on coffee.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i make sure i take a b12 vitamin
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• usually nothing. i just do what i need to do tired or not. but hubby just got me a coffee maker :) so now im making coffee every morning to wake me up
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I do love my caffeine but I find that once I get up and start doing stuff ( anything active) I start getting more energized.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 9:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We usually have a glass of muscle milk with a dash of Jack 3d and go out for our daily walk, it calms our hunger atleast til we come back from our walk and then we'll have a small lunch or another shake without the jack3d and later we'll have a small dinner.
    You should try this for a change. You can get all this at your friendly neighborhood GNC :) It is worth every penny if that is if you are tired of hearing the same old same old. GL
    The muscle milk is a protein shake and the Jack3d is a energy lifter but before you start anything ask you doctor of course. Enjoy life again!!! We are :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When I wake up I drink a large glass of water that gets me started, then I take a fish oil supplement. It is Coromega 3, it is pudding like and comes in different flavors, I started taking it several years ago and was surprised at how well it works. You can go to their website at www.coromega.com. I swear by this stuff and am not a representative of their product I just use it. It took about 5 days for me to feel the difference. They have other products that maybe able to help also. I have found also that drinking some juice once in a while during the day helps. Don't get dehydrated and eat a little protiend not sugary stuff, once in a while too. These are things that work for me and I hope the will work for you too.
    sdj1953

Answer by sdj1953 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I drink coffee in the mornings but after work i'm pooped! Lol
    bakersmummy

Comment by bakersmummy (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I love coffee!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy. You should be drinking at least 8 oz glasses a day. Animal products, especially meat and dairy, can leave sap your energy. Highly processed foods, like high fructose corn syrup and white flour, also can leave you feeling weak. There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US; this can leave you feeling droopy; weaken your immune system; intensify ADD/ADHD, migraines and asthma; and make you feel tired; take a magnesium supplement daily (I take cal/mag/D).
    Fill your diet with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. Send me a message offlist if you would like recipes or meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2011