Do you have annoying neighbors?

the past few years we lived in a townhouse and on one side we had to loudest most obnoxious inconsiderate neighbor that anyone could have...We recently moved and now live in a house...it is so much more peaceful. I dont know if it is because I have kids or just that noises annoy me but I am always thinking about if other people can hear what I am doing and what time of day it is so I don't bother other people. Right now one of my neighbors that live across the street and 3 houses down are sitting in the driveway with their music up and all I hear is buh bump buh bump thump thump thump...I dont know why but it drives me crazy...I think i should move into the country...but then I would probably be annoyed by the bug sounds...lol

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We live in an end-unit rowhouse, so we only have one set to really contend with. They're a very nice, quiet older couple, but lately their son (probably about 40) has been staying with them, and he is using the room on the other side of the wall from our bedroom. He is LOUD, and he is loud at the most random hours. We call him "Sop" (Son of Paul... lol) and every so often one of us will just yell, "SHUT UP, SOP!" I know he can't hear/make out what we are saying... but it makes us feel better!
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 8:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I used to at our other house... this townhouse is pretty much separated by a foot of concrete! LOL! At our old duplex, the bedroom walls adjoined and I swear it had no insulation at all! We actually had to move our bedroom to the other room because we could hear EVERYTHING the neighbors did. Ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Oh man did I! A crazy lady threatening to take my child! We moved!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 8:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• no our neighbors are okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I live in an apt and these new college guys are driving me nuts! We had such a nice family behind us for 4 yrs and they moved out and we ended up with this. They have loud parties till all hours of the night. They dont care who is around. The parties go on till 5am. Since we are in apts we are right on top of each other. My bedroom faces their tiny backyard and they will have 20 kids out there screaming and getting drunk. I called the police and the dispatcher told me they wont do anything unless I sign a complaint. Im a single parent and I dont want anything to do with this. Moving isnt an option either cause this is the biggiest apt my kids and I could possible ever get. I dont know what to do anymore, but I really know what your saying
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i live in a townhouse, we only have neighbors on one side but the walls suck because i can hear everything they do such as vaccum, flush the toilet, washer and dryer its so stupid.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I just moved to a townhouse from a house and I Realize that I live in a townhouse and there are noises and thumps. My neighbors come and knock on my door all the time. One time "Do you have a baby I hear a baby crying and it is driving me crazy." Ahh no, no babies thanks. Then they come and knock on my door ask me are we playing WII I said I am the only one home and no I am not playing WII. Its on! with the neighbors now LOL

christinato

Answer by christinato at 8:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yes!! They like to party a lot, and have no respect for there neighbors trying to sleep.
    Camerons1Fan

Answer by Camerons1Fan at 8:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah, the lady who lives in the one bedroom basement apartment below us thinks if she smokes when no one is home, no one will know. Ummm, dumba##, smoke rises and it all comes up into my place (we have the house, she has the basement & no, we don't own the house). She also blasts her tv all day & all night. I swear, not only is she deaf, she never shuts it off except for when she is not home, which isn't often. Now she has a dog and we'll see how that goes. It's only a little thing, but there has definately been a lot more noise coming from downstairs since she got the mutt.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• we are the annoying neighbors LOL we are surronded by retired people who start their day at 5 am either snow blowing or mowing the lawn etc. We are the ones doing that stuff at 9 pm when they are trying to sleep.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2011