Did you tip your babysitter at the holidays?

Does anyone tip their daycare provider at Christmas? Or daycare providers, do you get tips at the holidays from the families you babysit for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes. I tipped my childcare provider.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I watch three little kids, three different families. Two are part time, one is full time. I had one family that when the dad picked up on Dec. 23rd he said, oh, we got you a present but Jenny (the mom) has it. So I guess we will see if it shows up:)
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I tip my daycare provider $140.00. I tip the helpers $20 each.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Felipe is in a preschool and the room mom collected $ for a gift card for each of the teachers.

I also have a babysitter but since Felipe goes to school I only need her for occasional weekends and evenings or days when the school is closed. I didn't tip her, though I thought about it - a bit late, unfortunately. We haven't seen her since early December. I did make her a plate of cookies though. I don't think I would have tipped her veyr much, though, since I use her so rarely. If I had seen her closer to Christmas I probably would have added $10 or $20 to that check though.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I used to babysit a lot and most people did tip me on holidays. basicly I was paid about 25% more then usual. Also ladies, I can't say this enough, if you cancel on your babysitter on a holiday (new years eve, valentine's day ect) you should pay her anyway because she prob had other offers that she turned down since you booked her first.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• We give her a gift. She never shops for herself and borrows her daughters' clothes a lot. Last year we got her a nice sherpa lined hoodie and this year a pair of boot slippers, a long sleeved tee, a polar fleece and some body wash and lotion
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2011