My Granddaughter just turned one and wont drink whole milk .Will she eventullay drink it or is there something wrong?

children3

Asked by children3 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1st - be sure NOT to give in and give her Formula! NO FORMULA!!!
    2nd - just keep offering it to her when she's thirsty. You can also start giving her Cheese, Yogurt and other stuff that has Calcium in it till she gets the hang of the Milk. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Forgot to add - DO NOT push the Milk on her. Just fill her cup or bottle up with Milk, and when ever she gets thirsty its there. Always offer it, but don't make her drink it!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my son at first. One thing that worked for me was warming it up for him. He had gotten used to the warm formula and it helped to warm the milk until he got used to drinking it.
    angelmonki

Answer by angelmonki at 11:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Do you heat the whole milk for her when you put it in a bottle? Thats what my daughter wanted. She wouldnt take it at first, but then I realized I wasnt warming it and I did and she drinks it all the time now.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My daughter did not warm up to it at first either, but the other ladies are right...she will eventually and heating it a bit helped a lot. I also like to give her strawberry sugar free flavored milk sometimes too. She loves that. Also, be sure that you offer things like yogurt, cheese and other things that have calcium in it and she should be fine until she learns to get used to the new flavor. Good luck!
    momrocks

Answer by momrocks at 11:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I do chocolate milk (like Nestle since it has more calcium). :) Works like a charm lol I also agree that heating it up helps. Since I nurse, they are use to the warm breastmilk.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My son is 27 months old and he has never taken whole milk. I will try and offer it occasioanly but don't force it on him!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My children would not drink milk at all after the bottle. ( both 12 months when they were off ) They refused to drink milk. The Doctor told me to give them cheese, yogurt, and pudding made with milk. Both of my kids LOVE yogurt, any flavor. They are 4and a half and 2 and a half, still don't drink a lot of milk, but like it with strawberry and CARAMEL. They Make yogurt drinks called Danamials, ( very good ). Don't push them to drink milk if they are getting the nutrients from other Sources.
    srtbnkt

Answer by srtbnkt at 1:15 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• What my daughter did for my granddaughter was to gradually add whole milk to her formula.. like 6 oz formula and 2 oz milk.. do that for a day or two. Then do like 5 oz formula and 3 oz milk and so on... after like a week she was drinking it like it was going out of style.. Good luck
    annie91c2000

Answer by annie91c2000 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I had the same problem with my son. I mix Carnation breakfast in his milk. He loves it.
    jcast

Answer by jcast at 11:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2008