Every time i move i have this really sharp pain in my pelvic area is that normal? Im 31 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's probably the baby pressing on an organ or nerve. It happens allot in late pregnancy. If your very concerned call your Dr's nurse and talk to her about it, as they are used to getting all kinds of questions. they are happy to answer them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am an RN... this is normal... u have a tendent there that stretches when the baby grows and moves this can be very painful at times when u get further along.... i recommend taking some tylonal unless ur doc said that u cant take any tylonal
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Assuming you are talking about pains in your abdomen?? If so, I had a similar problem. My doctor called it "round ligament pain" It felt like someone stabbed me in my lower abdomen. All I could do was take tylenol and rest as much as possible.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My guess would be round ligament pain as well, but I'd put in a call to my doctor, it always feels better to hear the professionals tell you that you're ok...plus they know everything else about you, so if there's something else going on, they'll know better than us!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It is very common, and I even gave them a name. I was so embarased about all the times I hit the floor in the store cause of those pains. I had to laugh it off though. I called them "gina crampa." It made people laugh a little and it helped me to remember that it wasnt anything dangerous! hang in there sweetie you are almost done. then you get to hold your little angel!

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The pain is from your round ligament (in your pelvis) stretching. It is normal... but to alleviate the pain, try to remember to move slowly when standing up, or making sudden movements.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Normal.
    Ivayla

Answer by Ivayla at 8:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• it's normal. it will go away with time.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008