Who has taken the Depo Provera Shot?

What is your experience with it?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I gained seven pounds and had some pretty bad mood swings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i was on it for 3 years and it was great. I didnt have any side effects and i had no period. when i stopped taking it, it took 8months to get my period back and then it took us a year to become pregnant.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have never been the same, gained bout 50 pounds, bleed continuously , mood swings, nothing good to say about it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I was on it for two years and think it drove me to become crazy... When i was on it I was so cranky and angry all the time. I was married and think we only had sex a few times while i was on it cause i was always very angry at him for some reason or another and something was always making me mad.
    sarah.luckylady

Answer by sarah.luckylady at 9:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i was on it for 3 months it made my periods last from 2 weeks to a month made me sick i couldnt eat my hair started falling out and as soon as the week i was supposed to go get another shot came i got pregnant so now im 9 weeks

thats what happened to me sorry if it freaks you out a little
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 11:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I loved it - no periods (not even spotting), no weight gain, none of the typical possible side effects. I also got pregnant right away after stopping it. If I didn't have my tubes tied I'd be on it again now. I loved it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It was alright- my periods became really erratic, and I'd start spotting right around the time I was due for my next shot. It took me over a year to get pregnant after going off it. No weight gain. Biggest issue was how long it took me to get pregnant after wards- 18 months.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2011