too young?

So i just got my dd ears pierced. But ppl think shes too young. When did you get your dds done? And wen is to young to let them going to bed alone?

AddisonsMommy12

Asked by AddisonsMommy12 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is TOTALLY personal preference. What is to young for some may be perfectly reasonable for another. My DD was 10 weeks. My Best friends didn't allow her daughters until 6... Neither way is wrong.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• All 3 of my girls were done at 10 weeks. Some people feel you should wait until your daughter wants them done.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 12 weeks
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i had mine done when i was really little. then i got my dd done early too she was like 10 weeks. but hers got really bad infected because the girl that did it messed it up and we had to let them grow back up. she just got them redone this last year for her birthday. but really i think that it is a personal choice.
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would ask my dr about any risks. Also, take into account if your child is going to play with them and potentially cause herself pain or an infection.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 9:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would think they need to be done really really little or a little olders. If she gets them when she's a toddler I would just be worried about her pulling on them, losing them or swallowing them. I think it's all up to the parent. If I had a daughter I would pierce them as a baby - all of my family is against that!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• IF I had a daughter, I would let her decide.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i only have a son but if i did have a girl i would not make the decision to put holes in her body for her. If she wanted them when she is older then i would get them done. At such a young age it is more for you then the child and there is always the risk of them swollowing them.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my daughter got hers at 5 but then she wanted them out because tey would get caught whl wrestilng with her brothers i got mine done the last day of kindergaten
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think i would just wait until my girls wanted them done, i have 3 girls so i'm sure one day one of them will want it done but its all personal preference.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011