• In the Spotlight:

my heart is breaking. :( adult content

i work in a daycare. i am an assistant teacher to the pre-K kids. i love my job so much and all the kids! well today we found out that one of our girls had been getting molested by her step dad. she is such a little angel, such a beautiful smart little girl and i am just shocked by the news. this man always came to pick her up, and me and some of the other girls i work with feel so guilty because had we known he was taking her home everyday and putting his hands on her we would have NEVER EVER let her go!! this man seemed like such a great guy too! not creepy or weird at all! it just goes to show you that you NEVER REALL Y KNOW... so sad... i came home today, scooped my 7 year old daughter in my arms and we cuddled and watched the fox and the hound, her favorite movie. i started to cry because i just couldn't imagine that ever happening to her and she asked "whats wrong mommy" i just looked at her and kissed her forehead and told her that mommy would ALWAYS be there for her and i love her sooooooo much!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that is sooo sad my hearrt goes out to that little one and her mom...you to!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah that does suck. Of course molesters look just like every one else.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Wow! THis is so hard to deal with. Being an educator submits one to things that others rarely deal with. Remember its not your fault, you had no idea. You are prob the bright spot in this little ones day.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my prayers will be with you and that little girl. that is horrible. people are sick, sick individuals, and they do walk around, breath the same air as the rest of us.
    COWGIRLinPEARLs

Answer by COWGIRLinPEARLs at 9:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'm sorry momma! The sad thing is that more than likely she's not the only one in your class who's going threw it. You truely never know. What's even worse is that the guys who you would least expect of doing something like that are usually the ones that do. Kind of like the saying with a battered wife of how her husband is "the nicest" guy.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 9:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• That is sad. Sometimes people are accused of terrilble things that they have never done. You could never possibly know this type of thing. Rumors are like bad news it travels fast.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I have been put down many times because I trust NO ONE 100 percent.. You are right, you never know.. So sad, I hope this little girl gets the help she needs and will be able to put this behind her and live a great life despite what happened. We are still viewed as sex objects to many, just being born female we are 3 times more likely to be molested or raped.. Moms, women need to keep that in mind.. I am not saying ever man/woman is a monster but you just never know.. Many moms after learning the truth are shocked because they never thought their dad, hubby, boyfriend could do such a thing...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• So sad , sorry for all involved.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• rosetoes, actually we do know for sure. her mother came into the daycare this afternoon and told us why she wasn't there and why she won't be there for a little while. she actually walked IN on him doing this to her! she was a wreck, we felt sooo bad for her. i don't know how she didn't kill him because i swear to god i really would kill someone if i walked in on them doing that to my daughter!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Awful. It really is so unfair to the little girl. People need to be really careful who they introduce into their children's lives. Not that it is always easy to tell.
    Anonymous