Can someone please help me to figure this out? (I was never good in my math)...ugh!

I walk 3 to 4 miles a day 2 days off my average pace is 17.45 is that good or do I need to speed it up alittle. So in 1.oohr. I am done

I would like to start jogging but if I am doing 3 to 4 miles how long would it take me to complete this and at what pace should I be. So since I will be jogging shouldn't I finish sooner?

Thank you ladies I hope I explained myseld correctly, if not thanks anyway for listening :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• A 15 minute mile is walking 4 miles per hour (if I remember it correctly), and that is a good fast pace, meaning you would walk 4 miles in 1 hour. You might want to start with trying to acheive that and work your way up to jogging. Jogging will definitely make the 3 - 4 miles go faster, but it will depend on how fast you run. If you were to run 8 miles an hour then you could finish 4 miles in 30 minutes. It will all depend on how fast your pace is. Good luck and great job!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I agree with above poster, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:48 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• That's actually a decent speed. The first poster is spot on =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 1:18 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I think that is decent, when I was walking a lot, I would cover a mile in 15 minutes.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:56 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• sounds good! You'll get faster with time too
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011