Sinus infections in early pregnancy?

Anyone get sinus infections during early pregnancy? My last pregnancy I remember getting one probably at about 7 weeks along.

Now for the question.... if I was now I'd litterally still be in implantion phase as I just ovulated in the days before Christmas and we had sex the 23rd. Thurs I started coming down with congestion and Friday I woke with a sinus infection for which I am now in Cipro....just wondering if anyone thinks this could be associated with early pregnancy or not and if anyone ever got a sinus infection during tis phase?

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 9:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Alot of women get sinus congestion as a side effect of pregnancy, my mil still talks about how she was stuffed up and congested the entire 9 months and it cleared immediately after birth. My suggestion if you're actually getting recurrent infections is to get a neti-pot and start a regime. It is natural and can help prevent infections and dryness, and congestion. It's also great for when you get sick during pregnancy, but it can actually really prevent a lot of that. Good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'm 5 weeks pregnant now and I did have a sinus infection a couple of weeks ago around the time of implantation. It was amoung the worst sinus infection I've ever had. I don't know if it was related to the pregnancy or not.

GOOD LUCK THOUGH!

I always get bad sinus issues a few weeks into pregnancy but not that early...who knows? Maybe it's a sign!
    Anonymous

• yes this is about as bad as when I was pregnant last time too. I had two others in spring/summer an I dont remember them being this bad
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks Ashley! I might invest in one if it happens again...and although this would mean financial hardship I really really hope I am pregnant! I don't think I need to worry about morning sickness as Ididnt have it last time around.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• now ive never heard of this before but this is interesting stuff, thanks ladies x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i had 3 colds in a row, but im always stuffed up!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011