What is a 10 month old w/ teeth ready to eat?

My daughter is 10months old and refuses to eat any of her baby puree food and rice. She just stares and lunges at us when we eat and I feel terrible eating anything in front of her anymore. What is she ready to start eating? I've started scrambled eggs and gerber puffs and gerber dissolving finger foods (wheels) but that's about as far as it's gone. She has 2 teeth at bottom and 4 up top if that helps anyone answer. Thanks ladies!!

Lori43bg

Asked by Lori43bg at 9:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try steamed carrots. They're soft enough she can mush them with her jaw. Also mashed potatoes.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Well, as long as there are not any allergies....let her try anything you eat. I think around 10 months we gave up baby food and just gave little bite of everything. My son didnt get ANY teeth until a year and he could even eat littlepeices of steak. So, as long as she is happy and seems to gum things well start offering her some soft sable food and working up! It is so much easier!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• She can eat ANYTHING!! I actually waited on solids with my fourth child. He started eating solids around 9 months and skipped all the pureed stuff entirely! One of his first meals was cous-cous, salmon, green beans, and fruit. Just cut up whatever you are eating, in small pieces and let her try her hands at it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• once my kids started showing interest I would feed them things I was eating...of course only things that werent choking or allergy hazards. Steamed veggies soft fruits...pastas in small pieces.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• u can feed her whatever u r eating!! my dd has tacos, pasta, pizza, chicken, turkey, corn, rice, potato! u name it that girl eats it! just cut things up small she will be fine! we started on table food at 8 months since my dd refused to eat baby food anymore!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You don't need teeth to chew. Just make sure the food is soft enough and small enough for her to mash with her gums.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son is 11 months and he has 4 teeth on top and two on the bottom as well. He eats pretty much anything! I give him pancake cut up into little bitty pieces and bananas for breakfast. He LOVES bread! Spagetti, pasta with purred veggies, try some pasta with purred sweet potato. I also purre chicken noodle soup and he loves that. He loves all the soft fruits. Have fun :)
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 9:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• anything except peanut butter or honey. you need to talk to her doctor ASAP! i made alot of steamed vegetables for my son starting at 9 months and i still do. tender grilled or baked chicken is ok. tender pasta (rotini & bowtie are a good size) is great too because they can pick it up, just put some sauce on it so it tastes good, like cheese sauce or marinara sauce.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• don't forget fruit too, bananas, pears (peeled), blueberries. and cereal! babies love cheerios!!!!!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I give my almost 8 mth old just about anything we eat, thats healthy. veggies, fruits, some potatoes ect. babyfood is really just so they get the texture down!
    I say go for it
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 11:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011