Is this bad?

My daughter is 11m old and weighs somewhere between 18 and 19 lbs the last time she went to dr at 9m sh was 17lbs and at6m she was 15.5 she just now fits in 6-9m clothes. But she eat like a cow she is always eating. I was wondering because the other post everyones babies seem bigger then her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she seems really small.. My daughter is 9m and 22lb
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• was your baby prem? most babies grow faster then other babies wich is normal he weight sounds good my neice is 1 yrs old and shes only 19lbs. im sure your daughter will have a growth spirt soon but as i said its sound all good to me but if your worried go and see youe dr. good luck anyway sorry if it didnt help
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• no she was born 13days early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Could just be fast metabolism?? I dont know if babys can have that. I wouldnt worry unless the docs are. My daughter is 8 months and 19lbs. Shes not to far from average, i wouldnt worry. :)
    MyLittleBlossom

Answer by MyLittleBlossom at 12:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Look at her genetics. Do you have extended family that is small? My daughter's doctor always worried about her, but I said not to. He asked why, my comment was Grandma is 4'11" and Grandpa was 5'. They also were suggesting surgery for my son because his "skull was too small and not growing fast enough." My husband looked at me when I told him what the doctor said....he said but why?? MY head is small!! (It is true, his head is smaller then average, but he looks normal. LOL, just wears small hats.) My point is, don't borrow worry. If she is eating enough to sustain her and she isn't LOSING weight, there is a good chance she is fine. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• and no our family isnt small either side i have one sister who is 4 11 but she is the only one. I'm 5 7 and daddy is 6 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My daughter has ALWAYS been considered underweight. She eats non-stop. I was even told by her doc that they would report me to cps, if she didn't gain weight soon. I kept a journal of everything that she ate and her play time. I turned that in and they chilled out. Some kids are naturally small. I wouldn't worry about it so long as she is getting the proper nutrition.

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• A friend of mine had (and still has) a similar situation. Her daughter is very small for her age and didn't gain weight according to the "standard" It runs out that she is just a small child. Her mother is very petite as well. The doctor told her that not all children fit the standard mold. I would let your pediatrician know her eating habitats and ask if there is reason for concern.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• dont feel bad or that something is wrong w/ her. Normally the child is to way 3x the birth weight at a year, but my daughter weighs 14lbs at 11 mths and that is so not close. If she is eating and healthy screw the statistics and comparisons
    nomistakes

Answer by nomistakes at 1:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The current weight means nothing without the track record. Where'd she start from? 18 pounds sounds great to me!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008