I'm the one who posted the question about finding a number on my husband's phone bill. Well guess what?! A woman answered...

Get this she doesn't speak much English! My husband is Puerto rican, I am Italian. He calls this number constantly. All times of the day. What could they be talking about all that time? Unless he is doing something on the side for money and it's a business call? I'm not dumb I just dont know what to do bc I don't want to drag our daughter through a divorce. I asked him if there is someone else and he says no. Could she be a friend? Idk. Btw he told me in Nov he wasn't happy bc of my bitchy attitude just to recap. Ive asked if he wants a divorce and he won't answer. Do i call this woman? I at least know how to say what's your name in Spanish lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Ur going to have to ask someone else to call for u if u really want to get to the bottom of this. Ur limited Spanish will not get u anywhere.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I would just take the bill to my husband and tell him there's this strange number on the bill. Show him the number, tell him you called it. In other words, shoot straight with him. I would then be able to tell by his reaction what he's really been up to. There should be no secrets between a man and his wife, and there should be no subject that cannot be discussed between the two of them. Don't play detective nor any other game. Just go to the man and ask him what's up with this. Depending on his explanation, I would then probably tell him that I expect never to see this number on the bill again. Bringing this out into the open and asking him about it is the only way to handle it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Why are you asking us? He's the person who knows.

And, while you're pretty sure you know anything at all about this, the fact that a woman answers could be completely irrelevant. Just because I answer the phone 97% of the time at my house doesn't mean the phone is never for dh.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'd find someone who speaks Spanish and call her to find out what's up

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Linda are you serious? I did ask him. He won't tell the truth! Yeah people I know that marriage should be open but men lie!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Be careful ! I had a spanish loco lady who thought I was messing with her family friend with benefits. Of course I wasn't . But I'd just get to the point. Have a spanish speaking friend ask her and ask your husband for the truth.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 1st lose the bitchy atittude. 2nd call her on speaker phone with someone who is fluent in spanish and ask her straight up..."why do you talk to my husband so many times a day?"
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• ummm do u know someone who speaks spanish? other the hubby? also i helped a friend pass her italin final in school with my spanish so u might be able to understand her alittle. como te llamo is whats ur name in spanish. por que tu dice me esposo? i think i spelled that wrong but its supposed to mean why u talking to my hubby. gl
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Wow...when my husband and I we started officially dating he would receive calls. I was so jealous and feared being played with. I said call her back right now in front of me and he wouldn't. I knew then something wasn't right I ended the relationship and he was very upset that the next day he changed his # on his own so his ex or crushes won't be calling him anymore. I told him I hate being fooled and lied too. He didn't want to loss me over that. I'll pray for you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Back in the day, when I was married to a long-haul truckdriver, I told him that I could understand if he found himself in a situation and ended up in bed with someone else-Just don't ever lie to me, or make me the last one to know-I would never forgive him for making a fool out of me! I guess having my permission took all the fun out of it for him, because he never cheated on me-not one time.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2011