Birth control pill = I'm going to cheat?...

I suffer from depression and am currently taking an antidepressant to help. Most days my meds work like a charm, but the 1 week before my period completely throws me off. I get extremely depressed during that time and my Dr suggested putting me on the birth control pill to try and regulate things for me. My dh had a vasectomy in July and doesn't want me to take the pill. He feels that I will cheat on him if I take any form of birth control....

I have never lied to this man, I have never caused him to not trust me in any way. I gave birth to his one and only child, I am the only woman he has ever been married to. One of his ex girlfriends cheated on him with 11 different men in their bed (over the span of 3 years) and he says that's why he's so worried. I feel like this is absolutely ridiculous and I want to be able to fix my mental health situation without my dh thinking that I'm a whore. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Take the pill. Your husband should trust you. You are not the same woman as his ex.
    Anonymous

• tell him tuff! tell him to man up and realize you are not every other woman who has done him wrong. your health is more important for you and your child. he comes last if you ask me. i to have depression and am getting on happy pills, and bc. if my hubby told me that, thats exactly what i would tell him!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i wouldnt suggest telling him he comes last... i would tell him that i am not his ex and I have not given him any reason to not trust me and you need to be on the bc to help your depression. its whats best for you your child and him
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I'd take him to the doctor with me and let the dr explain

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Explain to him that the pill has other medical benifits then preventing pregnancy. Tell him that being on the pill is gonna make you cheat like having a car parts store in town is gonna get me to fix a car. (I wouldn't even know how or where to change the oil in a car)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• He does come to the doctor with me, every appointment. He listens to what the doctor has to say but I don't think he really gets it. He would prefer the Dr. try some other type of medication that isn't birth control so that I won't cheat on him. :(

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Talk to him, tell him you want to try it out for a few months and see if it works. Maybe if he sees how it helps he will feel differently about it. It sounds like he is insecure about this, he will work through it, just talk to him and keep reassuring him that he's the only man in your life.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Goodness, if you wanted to cheat, wouldn't condoms work just fine (in fact, better, since they protect against STDs?)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I know right lol, he doesn't think about condoms though I guess. He kept talking about how he gets this picture in his head of going down on me after I've been with another man. I don't know what the heck his problem is lately....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• just tell him your doing it for both of you, you obviously love him and he should know that and that if you take the pill it will make you feel better and not feel so depressed..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 10:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2011