Do you eat before you excersize?

I went for a walk today and I had not eaten. When I got back I was not hungry so I had some juice. I am just starting this walking thing and I do not think this is healthy.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 9:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I eat an Access Bar before I work out - it helps to burn stored fat first - therefor you loose weight more quickly - I really notice a difference in how that stubborn poof around my middle is disappearing more quickly since I started using the Access Bars :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You should eat a little something before exercise for your body to have the right fuel, otherwise it doesn't burn what it's supposed to, you get exhausted, or dizzy, or you will not be able to work out as well as you should, it can affect your metabolism as well. It doesn't have to be anything big, just don't exercise on an empty stomach it's not healthy or nearly as beneficial and won't do what you want it to anyway.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No. I don't like working out after eating. Even just a little food makes me feel huge, and that def doesn't help me feel good when working out.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You need to eat before working out. Unless you'd training for a triathalon, or something equally strenuous, just any regular meal is fine.

If you're going to do something really intense, you still need to eat, but you need to make sure it's got a good, low-volume mixture of fat, protein and complex carbs.

Make sure you are well-hydrated and if you're going to be really panting, or in the heat or cold, take water with you.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think you need to eat a carb, protein and a fruit before you work out and plenty of water, and sip water during.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I drink water. If i eat too much before working out, I want to throw up.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:47 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I eat a protein....a scrambled egg white with wheat toast (before a morning workout), a small salad with diced chicken/turkey (afternoon/evening workout). You should have SOME fuel in your system, but you don't need a whole bunch, just enough to take the edge off and get your body working properly, to burn the excess fat.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 1:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I make a point of eating at least a bit of protein before exercising. But not too close to the time of working out, because that can make me feel nauseous.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:55 PM on Jan. 3, 2011

• I was told to eat a banana before working out and drink milk when you are done.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I have also heard about drinking milk when you are done for whatever reason.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2011