Has anyone gotten through an affair and stayed married?

Do men ever admit the affair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I was the one having an affair behind dh back. We were married at the time of my affair and we are still married. Of course he eventually found out. It took 3 years for him to gain complete trust with me.
    Anonymous

• Not many men admit it unless they are truly remorseful for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• bump

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I had affair(s) on my Hubby, so it was opposite for us. He's forgiven me, and we have a great marriage. (FYI, I haven't had an affair since I came back to the Lord 7 years ago). Anyways, I admitted the affairs to him. I couldn't handle the guilt after knowing what I had done.
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 9:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I am living this right now... we are in counseling... will most likely stay married... but he has A LOT of work to do to gain back my trust!! I figured it out and when I confronted him he came clean. It sucks to have to deal with this... like a hot knife stuck in your back!!

Anonymous

• They dont admit it unless their caught. I lived thru it 3 times, still married but the trust part is hard. I forgave him, things have been good between us the last one was a year and a half ago but I do not and probably will not ever completely trust him. It sucks and its hard. we have been together 23 years he is my best friend and its a shame that he took that trust and shattered it. I beleive if your gonna cheat then have the balls to just leave it would hurt less. When u get cheated on it hurts but it also makes u fell stupid because u didnt see it coming. Its worst that being a doormat. I wish u luck and happiness but I tell u no matter how mcuh counseling u get you will never forget. Its a pain that keeps on giving and it sucks best wishes
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My hubby cheated, left, had kids (one of which is 2 months younger then ours) and we got back together. I have been raising his kids with that woman since they were very young, she has no part in their lives. It is a lot of work but I have never regretted it. We have a great life and we have moved past it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• for first 10 yrs of our marriage my hubby has had affair ,the anger i had for him and trust i once had went out the window how could to me let alone to us our kids ,the promise we made to each other for better or worse .i am living the worst at that time
    and how could i move on to this ,it took years and alot of work and to sleep with family and best friend shatters every thing you belive in
    he says it was my fault that he did this .i did not drive him to these woman's house i trust him in go to work ,4yrs i lived on my own with out him and we had to work hard for us to get back together,i to forgive but never forget he had to earn my trust some thing he lost and 32yrs later he said i will take him back if screws up again and i said no way you walk out the door keep walking and don't look back .the kids our older now i can do it alone
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• my husband had an affair l his co=worker that was 8 yrs older then him..... i caught him in her car... it was devastating i felt like shit!!!!!!!!!! to be honest ...i knew he was doing it but i never wanted to admit to it. but it's been okay but hard only because he still works with her. but i see that he has changed allot ...and sincerely sorry and what helped us was getting closer to god...

deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ohh and affair lasted 1 yr ....n yes were still married ....
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011