should i cut my 3yr old mixed little girls hair?

my 3 yr old is mxed with black and white and her hair in the back is starting to dry out and look dead. should i trim her hair or any ideas to help it get mosturized more??

kyiahsmommy

Asked by kyiahsmommy at 9:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• try putin lotion in her hair or baby oil. or even try to deep condition.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I wouldnt. My daughter is only a year and she is mixed. I asked a few moms on here and 1 recommended I water down my conditioner and put it in a spray bottle and spray her hair with it. I am also looking for some leave in conditioner at the moment for her hair.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and mixed as well. I'm not cutting her hair yet. I've tried many differrent products and so far I haven't found one I've absolutely loved. I did get Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic and it works really good if I put it in her hair after a bath. I try to keep her hair wet looking. It keeps her curls looking more defined. The only problem is that it's so cold out that I hate to have her go outside with a wet head. So she'll just be having a few bad hair months. LOL
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Sorry back to your original question. I wouldn't cut her hair yet. There are a lot of products out there and I've had alot of moms with mixed babies tell me that it's just a process to find what one is best for their hair. And they tell me it can get expensive in the process but gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.
    DreaB83

Answer by DreaB83 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• thanks for the help.. i give my daughter a bath at night and put olive oil spray in her hair, and a bonnet seems to help hold it in place so that might be something you can try for your daughters so she isnt outside with a wet head
    kyiahsmommy

Comment by kyiahsmommy (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i've heard that Jessi's curly pudding is great, they have a childrens line as well.
    Jordansmommy777

Answer by Jordansmommy777 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Dont cut it. There is a group on here that is for african americans womens hair. There is a welth of knowledge in that group. Its called the Black and Beautiful way to healthy hair. I am mixed also and that group has helped me find lots of things to help me keep my hair healthy. I recommend joining th group and looking throught the forums-there is one on childrens haircare. All of the ladies are very helpful and many times will find an answetr if they do not have one themselves.

GOOD LUCK!
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 1:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My kids are also mixed, i use pink lotion in theyre hair taht works sometime steh olive oil spray for theyre curls.. Hope this helps !!xx
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• take her to a salon that caters to her hair type watch what they do, how its done and what products they use - please do not cut her hair your self it will not turn out well. Good Luck.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yea i the city i live in they dont really know how to do hair,
    kyiahsmommy

Comment by kyiahsmommy (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011