Vomit... then fine? adult content

My daughter woke me up this morning with the usual enthusiasm... jumping around, wanting to play, blah blah blah. I got up and followed her down stairs, and found her bed covered in red vomit. She hardly pecked at dinner the night before (Tacos) and neither my boyfriend or myself got sick. She seemed fine all day, with no other episodes of sickness.

The oddest part of it all was that she didn't have a bit of vomit on her. She would of had to of stood up and vomited on her bed in order for this to have happened...

Any ideas on what could of happened? Should I watch for anything in particular tonight and tomorrow? Anyone else had this happen?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 9:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Kids' Health

• my 4 yr old did this the other night... and I had just changed the sheets and washed the blankets... so at 2 am when I went in th kiss him while I was up going to the bathroom I had to change the sheets!! Ugh!! And he was fine. He does that every once in a while. This time he said he was to hot... so maybe he gets over heated in bed and doesn't think to get out of the blankets. Who knows. But if your little one is acting fine after was then I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Too hot, was coughing too hard, was jumping around and got overexcited. As long as she is fine now, don't worry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• maybe she coughed so hard she threw up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son has thrown up in the night too and hardly ever has any on him, it's like he crawls and bends over it or something, he's always clean. She may just be fighting a little bug, or have some sinus drainage going on, that is always worse at night and can make you sick. Any type of illness is generally worse at night, and often children's colds start out with similar symptoms unlike adults who usually just have head, throat, chest type crud, kids also get stomach upset sometimes.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Too hot? That's a good reason! My boyfriend had turned up the heater after I had fallen asleep, and I had woken up sweating... That's entirely possible!

THANK YOU CRAFTY!
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2011