Shampoo and dishwashing liquid? lol

Ok I have braids and I think I have over done it with olive oil. I am running short on shampoo and running to CVS is out of the question. So I'm thinking with Dawn having the ability to remove grease from pans (lol). I fI mix a bit into the last of my shampoo it will serve as a clarifying agent.

Am I right or will with cause build up or dry out my hair?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I dont think it would hurt too much, it may leave your hair a little dry ...try not to work it into your scalp though because it will take the natural oils out and dry out your scalp.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It's possible. You can also use Dawn to fade the color out of hair. It will leave your hair extensively dried out though, as it removes ALL the oil. Do you have a good conditioner? You'll need to add some moisture to the hair after using Dawn.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You can use it, but dilute it WELL.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I've used hand liquid soap and it works just like my regular shampoo.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Go for it. Dawn dish liquid is a wonder cure for a lot of things.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It won't hurt you, my MIL used Dawn on my nephews when they got lice (I'm not sure why, but her routine was dog shampoo and dawn).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol dog shampoo and dawn....yeah I have conditoner I plan to deep conditon with.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When I was younger (adolescent age) I used to have super greasy hair and I used Palmolive instead of shampoo. It totally got all of the oiliness out. If you're not very oily, dilute it, but dish soap is definitely a good alternative in a pinch.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sweet!!! Yeah I put to much olive oil in my hair and I leave grease spots on sheets and pillows!!!!! LMAO
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yup! I have used in a pinch. It won't hurt.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2011