what did it feel like?!

so, im nervous bout peeing right after they come! and im just wondering what does it feel like to pee right after you give birth!

DH thinks he's a HUGE know it all.. and he tells me from his buddies that it feels like if you have a yeast infection! WTF! can you guys compare

savanah520

Asked by savanah520 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was still numb from my epidural i sat down and didnt even know i was peeing LOL
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It feels pretty much normal. With my first, I got loads of stitches, so it burned where some pee hit the stitches. Other than that, it felt like regular pee. With my second, I didn't have any stitches and my pee felt totally normal.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Little weird feeling esp if you need stitches just USE your Peri bottle it helps a lot it becomes your BFF for awhile Good Luck and Congrats :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• it felt normal to me. pooping was the uncomfortable one! lol
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• lol!! thankx ladies and yea i have issues with number 2 as is! DH makes fun of me! he's so dumb he tells me "don't push to hard, they may come out!" i was like OMG terri shut it lol
    savanah520

Comment by savanah520 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i had a c sec and i felt like i was never gonna stop peeing...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 10:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• The first pee was a bit hard after they took out the tube....and it is different if you have a c-sec or natural. I had both. After natural, with 1 stitch, it was fine. Like someone else said it was harder to poop (actually, scarier, not harder). After c-sec it was a bit hard, but more like I could not get the muscles working than burning or anything. The nurses are usually pretty good- they tell you to run the water and take your time.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i didnt have a prob with the peeing it was actually weird feeling because of them removing the tube but other than that it was fine nothing to worry about anyway you will be fine trust me once you see and hold your baby it will be the farthest thing from your mind lol
    secret_shadows

Answer by secret_shadows at 10:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I had issues with number 2..but when I peed, I actually leaned forward on the seat so I wouldn't get any on the sticthes..I was terrified it would hurt (strange being that I just popped a kid out, but still..lol)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Hhhm, I've never had a yeast infection but I have had Urinary Tract Infections before.
    After my first, which was a c-section and I had a catheter, it did burn a bit to pee the first time but no big deal really.
    After I had a few more babies, all vaginally, I never had any issues with peeing.
    I think that if you have a catheter (with an Epidural or a c-section) you might have a burning sensation but if you go natural, no drugs and have little to no tearing, it wont hurt at all to pee.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2011