I'm not ready to quit

I was diagnosed with fybromyilgia when I was about 13. After years of doctors and medicatons, the last dr said no has seen fybro progress so quickly. Followed by there is nothing I can do for you. If I had a penny for everytime I heard that I'd be rich. So I'm left with I have about four years before I can no longer walk. I aldeady use a cane and lots of trouble walking, and doing everyday basic things. I had a fall a few months ago (since I live alone now) I layed in the fool for three days untill someone came to my rescue. The eye doctor added last month that there is nothing else they can do for my vision. Not to mention the everyday hororific pain. Is there anyone that can offer some advise?

Sunshine0406

Asked by Sunshine0406 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• Have you tried sodium oxybate? It's a med for narcolepsy, very tightly controlled. Jazz Pharmaceuticals has had some luck with it in cliical trials. Talk to your doc about getting an off label Rx. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/716910
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No I don't but I wish the best for you. Keep fighting and doing what you can, don't give up!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Oh you poor thing...should you be living alone???? I have no idea about any medications-I'm going to give you a BUMP!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i am afraid that my answer would be considered in some cirlces illegal, however, if you can, medical mariuanna. personally, i can't do and don't need to, but i have heard from several people it works wonders with pain. not sure if it actually makes it go away, or just makes you not care! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• If only I lived in Cali.
    Sunshine0406

Comment by Sunshine0406 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2011