Should I be concerned that my 2 yo does not jump?

I never thought to ask our ped, but my now 2.5 dd still cannot jump. Actually she has maybe done it once or twice, but barely a half inch off the ground. In her mind she is jumping when she just stamps her feet up and down. Should I be concerned or is this one of those things that they do in their own time?

christinab313

Asked by christinab313 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, I have had 5 yr olds that can't jump. Just keep practicing with her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• she will learn when she learns i wouldnt worry about it.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't be worried about it - she probably does some things that other kids don't - they all excell in their areas and do things in their own time. She will get there :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 10:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My daughter is the same age and she doesn't jump either. She can do this gallop/skip thing, but no jumping.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks ladies, that makes me feel better. It is always weird seeing kids barely 1 who can jump all over the place, but she seems to be much more timid physically that other kids. LOL, she probably got that from me!
    christinab313

Comment by christinab313 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My dd is the same age and can jump, but she doesn't do it that often just when she gets really excited about something. I don't really think that it's a problem if they aren't able to jump at this age. Two year olds are very stuborn maybe she just doesn't want too
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• hahaha be thankful she CANT jump!!!! ive got 2 boys.. both jumping at between 10 and 12 months... jumping off things onto things all around.. i was a nervous wreck!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• My son is 2.5 and just started jumping but its not highest all. You'd miss it if you didn't know what you were looking for, lol!
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 2:04 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• At my son's 2 year appointment, that's one of the things the dr asked me. He wasn't yet, but just started (turned 2 in Nov). The pediatrician said she wasn't concerned that he wasn't jumping with both feet off the ground yet, but that it should be coming soon.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011