Is anybody doing the RAL's this year?

I heard on the news that H&R Block can't do it this year just wondering if anyone can.

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• According to this, H&R Block can still do RAL's but they will not be using HSBC.

http://www.hrblock.com/press/Article.jsp?articleid=49252

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Oops, sorry, I misread that article. They will be offering RAC's not RAL's instead.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thanks! I knew I kept seeing their commercials saying that they could do them but wasn't sure.
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I babysat my neighbors kids while she went to H&R recently..... she went in for refund anticipation loan which they no longer are legally allowed to do. At least here in Minnesota. They're sort of "replacing" it w/ a loan from the emerald card they do... up to $1000 and based on your projected refund.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Those are a waste. They take so much from you in fees on top of what they charge you for doing your taxes. Anyones best best is to wait to 2 weeks to geta direct deposit. In my experience, the money has always come before they said it would.
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 6:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2011