Does anyone else's 12 month old child scream at them?!

My lil boy Brayden, who I love more then anything, insists on screaming at me, even though I have met all his needs. He's been changed, fed, loved on, has toys, etc. But yet he just screams at me, and insists on slapping me. I tell him time and time again, no, be nice, no hit. But I'm not sure my message is getting across. What to do?!?

Heddokitty

Asked by Heddokitty at 10:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hitting is a big no no in my book!! im not sure he is old enough for a time out but it would b worth a try!! when he does hit or yell tell him no and explain y he can not do it! " dont hit mommy it hurts mommy" "dont yell ur hurting mommy's ears" something like that! my dd is 11 months old and i have found she does better when i explain y im telling her no! my hubby thinks im crazy but oh well! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• fake cry, to the extreme!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• When your child sees that it makes you "very upset" when he hits you, he may rethink doing it...although, this depends on your child because my son, now 3, will do things intentionally because he knows it "makes me cry." It backfired on me...lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no, well he has hit because he realized he got a reaction and thats when we started time outs. 30 seconds sitting by the wall was a NONO in his book so it hasn't been a real problem.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• fustration... can he tell you what he wants... cause if not that right there will be it... and will keep happening... my son has gone through the same thing and still does it time to time cause he is still learning his words... but has gotten better... i hope it gets better for you.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2011