is your child addicted to video games?

my son drives me nuts over his video games. We limit it to once in awhile durring the week and usually 2 hours on sunday. If he gets in trouble that is the first time to go. I have also noticed when he plays them more he gets more mouthy and mean. He doesn't play any bad games just mario games. Is any other parent going through this? what did you do to get their mind on other things? did they ever stop being obsessed? what do I do?!?!?!?!?! he is 6 btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not yet but it may come to that consdiering we just got her a DSi XL for Christmas and 4 games
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think boys are different from girls and they live for those games, we have gone through simular situations and the games and consoles are the first to go and stay gone for a while and we don't give in. they seem to get obssessed wise games and nothing else matters, and boys of all ages continue to live for those games.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Yeah, if we let him he'd play all day. He gets limited time obviously, and I told him with this new year that it'd be limited on school days to 1 hour a day. He can read or play with his legos or go outside more. Thankfully we don't have a game system, but the computer works just as well for him.
    Anonymous

• Nope...but I'm addicted to Tomb Raider, lol
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• no he is not addicted. We haven't bought him a video game system yet. He doesn't need one he can play games on the computer. He has friends who have them and has asked for them. BUT we have yet to give in to it all......There are sooo many other things he can do and play
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• PS he is 7 1/2
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no. and he won't be, not bashing, but i don't know why parents buy thoe stupid things for their kids. they need to be out and playing. not sitting in front of a screen waisting their brains away..........sorry, just my opinion!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:05 AM on Jan. 3, 2011