actually simple just curious what to do?

so ive been in labor 3 days now im having contractions every 5 min they are not stopping however i went to the hospital and im told im not progressing fast enough to stay there it could take a few days ive never heard of this i thought once you were 5 min apart you were gonna have your baby soon when they checked i was a centimeter dialated and still thick what do i do and is this normal oh im 39 wks pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• start walking sister!!! it will help speed up ur labor and dilate u more! tho it does sound kinda crazy that ur not dilating more with the contractions 5min apart! did they offer the break ur water??
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• OMG!! you sound exactly like my friend right now!! best thing to do, RELAX!!! enjoy what could be the last few hours of silence and alone time you may have have for the next 18 years! LOL!! i have heard raspberry tea can help speed things up, along with sex and walking. good luck!! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 10:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• well i have been cleaning the house over and over again so im walking up and down the stairs alot and i have 6 kids already lol 3 r mine and 3 are my step kids but still mine so i barely get any quiet time or relaxation im always on the feet and the dr i have is great but he is more about the baby than me i love it though he wont do anything but give me pain meds and sleeping pills that wont harm the baby he wants things to happen naturally he said he dosnt induce unless the baby is in danger or after 42 weeks and i though no dialation with my contractions was a bit on the different side as well however i have not been checked since i left the hospital the other day supposed to go back to the dr mon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• What you are experiencing is called Prodromal Labor and it is normal even though I agree that it sucks.
    Do your best to get some rest. Are you staying well hydrated?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2011