Can you smoke in public places where you live?

I live in Oregon and it's against the law to smoke in ANY buisness, bars, resturants etc. You have to be 10 ft. away from the business to smoke. Do you have restrictions where you live?

Kathy675

Asked by Kathy675 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Health

• YES! though i am a smoker it irritates the hell out of me when ppl smoke in common places like by a door or entrance and just stand there even if you have your kids/baby with you!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes the whole state KS became that way in July! but i used to work at a hotel u wont believe how much people complain about having to go outside to smoke!! how lazy are people!!! and if they smoke in the rooms we fine them $250 for cleaning fees! its not followed in all places tho! we have a big outdoor shopping center and people sit and smoke there all the time! i hate it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You can't smoke in resturants here, but I'm not sure about all public places. What I hate is going to the park and seeing people smoking there. Yes, it's outside, but the park is for kids.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• yes its 30 feet from any door into a building
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• No. In fact, some workers from our local supermarket are told to smoke at the next building away from the supermarket. LOL.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• It depends. Bars can allow smoking if less than 20% of their profits comes from food. So all the family restaurants are smoke-free thankfully.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• YES....I live in TN and you are not allowed to smoke in public places.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• 25 feet from the entrance into any building, unless it's your house. LOL!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• You can't smoke anywhere indoors (public places), outdoor places like theme parks have designated smoking sections, you can't smoke at all at city beaches or parks, and I'm not sure if it's state law that you have to be x-feet away from an entrances but I know a lot of places enforce that. Oh and you can't smoke in the car if you have children under a certain age with you!! You can however smoke indoors at casinos on the reservations.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Only in bars that don't sell much food, other than that you have to be 25 ft from an enterance to smoke.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2011