How do you believe the world came to be?

Please list your religion with your answer, if you would.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God, Christian. :) Happy New Year!!
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• i think there is a bit of truth in the scientific and the religious. God created, but it still had to evolve. not sure on what religion i would be, i believe in God, but again, bits and peices of all of it.
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 11:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• god need hobby and he got little crafty he painted a picture or blue print and went to work
    and here we are
    DUTCH R.C.
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• God created heaven and earth.
    R.C.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I think we can explain a lot through scientific theories, like The Big Bang Theory for example, but I don't think we will ever really know or understand everything about our world or the universe in general. I'm a Pantheist (a Scientific Pantheist to be specific), and I generally practice Buddhism, but I'm interested in many religions and philosophies. I enjoy seeking truth and understanding, but I'm also ok with some ambiguity and mystery as well. I agree these statements:

Scientific Pantheists say:
    The universe exists for itself, without cause or purpose. Nothing existed before it that could have been its cause. Nothing exists outside it that could be the source of its purpose.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• cont'd

The quantum theory of gravity has opened up a new possibility, in which there would be no boundary to space time. . . There would be no singularities at which the laws of science broke down and no edge of space-time at which one would have to appeal to God or some new law to set the boundary conditions for space-time. . . The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE. . . What place, then, for a creator?
    Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time, Bantam Press, 1988.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• once upon a time there was a hydrogen. This hydrogen floated along in the vast deepness of nothing for millions and millions and millions of years.
    Unbeknownst to this lone hydrogen, there was another of his kind. Floating and floating.
    The tiny spark of gravity in the vacuum drew these two towards each other inexorably, increasing in speed and energy, until one fateful day, they met.

Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Here's another explanation:

"The Omniverse was never created. What we consider as our universe was created.

Most if not all theists believe in the existence of a force outside of the universe that created it. This force itself was never created, it was always there. This force is referred to as god. Deists believe such force once existed but no longer does as it designed and created the universe and then ceased to exist. They also call this force god or divine.

Pantheism equates this creating (eternal) force or god with the Omniverse literally. Thus, the Omniverse was never created."

Who created the universe?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• How it all began

But seriously...I except current scientific explanations for the origin of the universe. 

Pagan. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I believe that science and faith can work together, so I believe God caused the world to come to be through ways that can be explained and understood by science, if that makes sense. Its not one or the other for me, but both working together. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011