Okay mother's and mother's to be, trying to help my daughter with her history day project, and we can't find anything on the internet. So if you have any info on the debate & diplomacy in history on women's fashions in the gilded age..... I really would appreciate it.... Thank you and be blessed.

Please if you know anything, anything at all..... Any websites at all, cause we couldn't find not one that helped us.......Successes, failures, consequences all of it.... Thanks again......

blessedmama003

Asked by blessedmama003 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm dumb. When's the gilded age?
    Anonymous

• bless you for taking on such a topic!! :) BTW, are you crazy?? LOL!! i am a big, fat zero when it comes to that subject but good luck to you!! oh, and can i send my kids to you when it is time for projects?? :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 11:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Okay, this may or may not help you, but it's worth a shot. Get a copy of The 1900 House (produced by BBC) either from your library or on Amazon. (It's worth owning - it's fun and interesting to watch.) It tells about different things in life in 1900 - one aspect they bring up is fashion (mainly women's) and corsets. (There are 4 episodes, not sure which one it's in.) It also tells of a book they read from that brings up how corsets and fashion of that era can be harmful, but ladies still wore them - so that may be part of your debate issue.

If this doesn't help, well, I tried.
    Anonymous

• http://bit.ly/i0d3JR - google image search result.

Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• http://www.jstor.org/pss/2167982
    this is really interesting. I'm gonna keep reading.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I thank you all for your answers..... And believe you me i'm just as lost as some of you guys, so please don't feel bad.... Right now I can't afford to purchase anything and it's due on monday or tuesday.... so we in a 911 situation....... As for helping out other children, i wouldn't want them to fail on my account...... lol
    blessedmama003

Comment by blessedmama003 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Try this website: www, ushistory.org., lifescript.com, gooddebatetopics/placefeedback.com. I hope that this helps some.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• http://mark-twain.patwill.com/how-is-womens-fashion-debated-in-the-gilded-age-need-to-know-how-it-relates-to-nhd-topic-debate-and-diplomacy/
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2011