Need Answers Quick! Are u at home with the kids, while hubby goes out w/his friends?

My husband goes out on average about 2, 3, sometimes 4 times a week, While I stay home with the kid, & sit up and worry (can't help but to) and wait on him to get home. By the way I'm 6 months prego. How often is acceptable for the man to go out?

YungMum_STL

Asked by YungMum_STL at 12:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Where is he going?
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• he goes out on occasion w/o me but it doesn't bother me at all! i wish he would react the same way when i want to do something though!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 12:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He is going out drinking with friends, to bars, clubs, concerts...Tonight he is with a girl who has been his Best Friend since before we were even together.
    YungMum_STL

Answer by YungMum_STL at 12:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• oh, no way.. Im sorry but I'd be pissed off.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Aceptable will be once every who knows when, but up to 4 times a week that's a nono. I have a 4 year old and I'm also prego; and since always my husband hangs out with his friends maybe once every 4-5 months. Never with any female friend (and he has plenty of those) strictly guys. That's consider apropiate and normal for a married man with kids... Good Luck...
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 1:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My husband and I talked alot before we got together and I told him that if he wasn't ready to let go of the single life before we got married and started to have kids that we could stay as boy friend and girl friend wach of us living in our own homes until he was ready to commit because i wasn't about to be married but not have a husband 1 to what ever nights a week.

That's not cool. esp. when men usually work out side the home and as it is are able tos spend less time with their children. Why bring them into this world if you wont even commit to them.
    He told me he was a grown up and wanted to put the lmmature young guy's life away.

So we got married and he has never ever been out drinking or anything like that. He doesn't want to go and I frequently ask him but he says he has no desire to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• cont...
    cont...
    On the other hand I try my hardest to get his buddies together for him to play basketball or paintball or street football. He enjoys it and he gets those testostrones out...lol

But like he says he would much rather spend his time with his kids and his wife whom he doesn't get to see as much as he wants to because he works so hard.I have friends who have husbands like yours. They are falling apart in their relationships. I am not saying yours is, I'm just saying get some councling because he's out of hand and doesn't obviously care about how you feel because he hasn't stopped or considered your feelings.Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think once every 4-5 months may be a little too strict. Either way it should be something you both agree on, maybe once every two weeks? You should get a break also, though. It's all about equality. If he gets to go out 4 times a week, so should you. You don't have any less stress or any less need for social activity. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My hubby is a home body however once in a blue moon he does go out with his friends. Which I am 100% OK with simply because he has never given me a reason not to trust him. I am 7 months prego right now however when I am not pregnant I do go out with my girlfriends. We do lunch, dinner, a movie and sometimes a club. Thank God mine doesn't go balistics. I believe that the reason that we are OK with the outings is because we had an understanding from the beginning and neither one of us has done anything wrong or given the other any reason not to trust each-other. As far as I know at least.
    In your case I would say going out 2-4 times a week is a bit much. Maybe 1 time a week if that but definately 2 X a month should not be a problem.
    GuiseltBanks

Answer by GuiseltBanks at 5:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Girl you need to get your kids and your butt outta there that is a true sign of trouble from the get go. If he wants to keep you, he will stop what he is doing and run after you, because you are worth it. If he lets you go, then there is your answer.
    Trust me, he is up to no good---or soon will be. The red flag is waving girl, do what it takes to make him see the light, move out---and tell him maybe you will be there when he gets it together and maybe you wont. If he cant afford to hire a sitter while you both go out, then he dont want you there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2008