Why do men cheat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Not all men cheat. I think that when people cheat they are trying to find something that they are missing in thier relationship, I think that most often it's an emotional need not a phisical like it might seem.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I tend to agree with Liz up there...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Most men but not all. They do it because they are pig headed and selfish and care only for themselves
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• They cheat because they can..
    free1

Answer by free1 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Or they think they can get away with it..
    free1

Answer by free1 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you why my ex cheated. He had very low self esteem where women were concerned while growing up. He was a bit of a late bloomer. He ended up a rather nice looking man later on in his 20's, but he never really got over the ugly duckling thing. So whenever he had the opportunity with a woman, he took it. It was never enough for him, and he was always trying to prove to himself that he was desirable to women by racking up the numbers. Sadly it backfired because it made him impossible to have a relationship with. I felt sorry for him, but I couldn't stay either.
    My husband I have now doesn't cheat. I'm too smart to say it's impossible that he ever would. But I highly doubt it. He gets plenty of attention at home. He has nothing to prove. And he's not an arrogant ass with an overly entitled attitude- the other reason I see for a lot of other cheaters, both male and female.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 1:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• The one thing I find about always saying so many men cheat, (but lets face it,) they have to have women to cheat WITH. It's just that a woman on the end of the man doing the cheating is so hurt by the man she loves, she end up calling him and all men cheaters, she forgets about the woman. It does take two to tango !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That is like asking what water taste like!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Men cheat for the same reasons women do they are self absorbed jerks who love only themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no offense, but i find this question to be ridiculous. maybe its just my own personal life, but i know just as many if not MORE women who cheat/have cheated on their men. but yet men are always the selfish unfaithful pigs. i'm just sick of men getting treated like shit and blamed for everything when i know some pretty fucked up women out there...
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 12:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011