Should I take this class?

I really have no clue if I should take this online IT class 101 now or wait. The class is basic computer info entry level class. You know you learn about Excel, Word, and other programs like that...windows email...

I do NOT need the class. I thought it would be good to have so during the summer I can use those skills (have on my resume) and having more credits gives me more $ in my refund, as long as I keep my book price low (rent them).

Problem: My internet through Comcast is about to end cause I dont have the money right now. I can find another provider in the mean time and or go to the coffee shop next door and use free wifi or go to the library...which I dont want to cause I have to take my son in and out of the cold and he does not sit long..he is 1. I have to take my on required class.

Should I take this other class, IT, even though it COULD help me have more job skills?
I'm feeling kinda like it's not worth the stress for the little bit of cash I am going to get.....

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• If its not required I wouldn't take it. Just get one of those Excel for dummy books if you need to catch up on some stuff. Or any one of those For Dummy books for that matter.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• If you want to go for it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Oh no mommy for two...lol I was looking for a solid answer...yes that is true I can find the classes for free at the library and I even think the Microsoft company offers them online for free.

I know later in my program I will be taught the most common computer applications used in the medical field soooo not really nesscarry. Side note: I'm thinking of doing the work study during the Spring Summer to earn money :D
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Education is always a good thing.
    Do you have a friend, neighbor or family member who will trade child care with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• personally I'd find a way to take it, being creative if need be. I'd see if I could babysit swap w/ a friend. Maybe even a friend who has internet access!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• higgingmom has a good suggestion - any education is good education. Keep your mind sharp.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2011