If I'm feeling real depressed during pregnancy, am I setting myself up for PPD as well?

I know I need counseling. :( just depressed about money, FTM, and relationship woes.

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 12:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was super depressed with my second child during pregnancy. I felt like a walking basket case. I did have post partum depression after I had her, but it didn't take me long to snap out of it. Talk to your ongyn about it :) they can help.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• You know what, I think alot of us suffered some form of depression being pregnant, I know I did, but as soon as my son was born it all went away! Alot of us suffer depression and we're not pregnant with that list you made. Times are real rough right now, but what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger! Everything will be alright! Hugs!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sorry I meant obgyn
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i don't know where you live but in my town there is a program for 1st time parents called HANDS...it's wonderful and if it wasn't for that program i don't think i would have made it through the 1st year of my first childs life...the program here is available through the health department...i know how you feel *hugs* and i hope you get to feeling better
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 2:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thank u ladies:)
    shanapiv

Comment by shanapiv (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2011