Is 41 pounds considered a big dog?

I'm thinking very hard about getting a dog.I want a beagle and I found one on a website. She's spayed, house broken and about three years old-exactly what I'm looking for. While a beagle isn't my ideal dog (in the future I plan on getting a huskey) I just don't have a whole lot of room right now. I have a back yard and a house, just not a huge one. My dad had beagles when I was growing up. My problem is I don't exactly remember how big they got since they were always outside dogs. My son weighs 36 pounds so she's not much more than him. And since she's an adult she won't get any bigger. Am I right to assume this is a medium sized dog? Or is 41 pounds considered a big dog?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pets

• I would consider that a medium to large dog
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That's considered a medium size.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My dog is a Cocker Spaniel. He is about 40 lbs. and is considered a medium dog. I think that the beagle would be about the same size.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• That is medium. IMO 55-60 and larger is a large breed.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my lab is 90lbs and none of it is fat :)
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i would say medium sized too
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Medium, we have a 105lb female and a 114lb male, now thats a large dog.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have one lab that is 109 pds, not an ounce of fat-he's purebred and huge, my other lab is a mix, part black lab part crime lab(LOL), I think she has some bulldog too, and she is a little overweight at 89 pds. I would love to have a 41 pound dog! But if it's purebred i would take it to the vet so they can tell you about any problems associated with that breed that may come up.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think that is a big heavy for a Beagle, but it isn't a large dog by any means.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 3:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• medium
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2011