MOUSE!!! EECK!!

So we live in southern Arizona. Mice aren't really commonly found. We also got a real tree for Christmas. The same time we got our tree, it rained a lot and flooded a little where I live. Well a week later we noticed a gross smell coming from our garage. We thought the rain got in there wetting old boxes and that was the smell. Well tonight our dog chased a mouse out of the tree! How do we know if its just one mouse and not more? How do we find where to clean where it lived (husband found droppings in garage)? Any suggestions? (Dh ran out and bought traps)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ugh.. I feel for ya. I actually found the tell tale signs in the garage yesterday too. In the box where the Christmas decorations used to live! LOL! All you can do is lay down the glue traps and put out some bait pellets. I also bought those sonic wave thingys, just to be extra safe.. but I can't guarantee those actually work. Also, you could just get a cat in the garage....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• lol, I have been begging dh for a cat, haha. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Sorry to say there is never and I mean never just one - stick with the old fashion traps not posin because when they die then you really will have the smell. Best case borrow a cat from a friend and follow the cat they will lead you right to the area.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Get a cat I have four cats and haven't seen a mouse in years except the occasional dead one the cats bring home as a present for me
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• All dh got was traps. They are the glue ones. He got 12 & 4 are in our house where its been tonight (we can't find any signs of it being in the house before tonight) the rest are in the garage. Think that's enough? And how do we clean everything in the garage?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Yeah, you see one, you've got a whole mouse community. I suggest taking a very ripe banana, cut in down the middle and put in mouse poison. Place the banana up in the rafter away from any other pets/kids. The mice will not die behind the walls - trust me, it will work.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:26 AM on Jan. 3, 2011