When did you move your child from the crib?

My dd is 1 and shes trying to climb out of her crib, when did you moms move your little one to their big bed? (it will be a twin bunk bed, of course she'll be on the bottom.) Thanks!

wife_mother1790

Asked by wife_mother1790 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter switched to a twin one week after her first bday
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Everyone is different.....if your daughter is trying to climb out, that's a sure sign she's ready.........I have 3 daughters, and my first one was around 2, my second daughter wasn't even really in a crib (by 8 months old, she was in my bed, and went straight into her own from there), and my 3rd daughter stayed in her crib until she was 4! She was totally comfortable, and didn't care......Good luck!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think about two.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Alexis, which is my daughters name lol, how did she do? did she stay in her bed? did she sleep ok?
    wife_mother1790

Comment by wife_mother1790 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 2 months after her 2nd bday. thats when she learned to climb out of the crib, she tried to cimb out ever since 1
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• DS was about 18 months. If she's trying to climb out of her crib, it's time to make the transition before she falls on her little head! DS started sleeping much better when he transitioned to the "big boy bed", and has been much easier to put to sleep ever since.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• she did perfect!! i had one of those side rails, so that she wouldnt fall out..i kept it on there for 2 weeks..(maybe not even that long), and then took it off, because she didnt need it. once shes asleep, she doesnt move..LOL..shes 6 now, and shes still like that. but she has never fallen out of her bed, ever!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• One thing im worried about is she ROLLS! she starts at one end and is all over! But what if we line up the bed rails all the way down?
    wife_mother1790

Comment by wife_mother1790 (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ive also heard that its better to switch them at a younger age, because, once theyre older they can get into the habit of NOT staying IN bed..which can then turn into a nightmare!! luckily my daughter has always been good with bedtime..once shes in bed, she stays there..yaa she will sing and talk for 15-20 minutes..but she doesnt get out of her bed (unless she goes to the bathroom)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• with the bed too, you can tuck the comforter under the matress..so she probably wont be able to move as much
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011