why does this happen? sex question... adult content

every time my dh and i have sex it it burns really bad "down there" afterwards. it's been going on since my ds was born, 9 months ago. neither of us have any std's and he's the only person i've had sex with in 7 years. i don't have any infections or anything. i am prego again, about 3.5 months. and it doesn't burn afterward if i pleasure myself (which i have a couple times) because it burns too bad after to want to have sex and it really sucks for our love life! does anyone know what this is or why it's happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Health

• Also a lady posted this online : this is more of a sex question, but i don't know if my problem is pregnancy related. i am pregnant, and whenever i have sex it doesn't really hurt that bad. but after we are done i get this really bad burning feeling that doesn't go away for a while. and it burns even more when i pee. after about thirty minutes or so, it changes to just a constant pain, no burning. i hurts for me to sit down and to be touched (no matter how soft or light) in that area. i have to sit really retarded or lay down. please help me if you can....PS: STD's are not a possibility.

Does this match what you're feeling? Here is the link
    http://www.pregnancy-info.net/forums/Sex_and_Pregnancy/burning_pain_after_sex/
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I had this happen when we were using spermicidal condoms. Come to find out, I was allergic. Once we switched it went away.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Are you making sure you're lubed up naturally or artificially? (Just making sure)

Are you all using condoms? Have you tried switching brands/types? If you're using them, I bet that's what the deal is.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• we don't use any condoms, nothing new...it started happening after ds was born, that's the only change. could it be hormonal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• No idea. Might wanna ask your OB about that one.

I was merely mentioning condoms because we used to use them no matter what... I hate cleaning up after sex if we don't use them... Man the burn of spermicide is just horrific... at least if you're allergic. =/

I am gonna try Googling and see what I come up with for you.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:14 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Do you have a yeast infection? I know that can cause pain, but you'd also likely have pain when you urinate as well. Hrmm.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• no infections...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I get that you're saying that... but it never hurts to talk to your doctor. =)

Here are some other things I am finding :
    You could have something called "bacterial vaginosis". It just means there is too much bacteria in there. You can just use a feminine wash (not a douche) and see how you go. If it persists I would see your GP.

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• yeah, that's pretty much it, i'll check it out...thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2011