What color is your bedroom?

I want to repaint the master which is about 16X20 regular ceiling height so not a huge space and we have the traditional bed set in dark wood. I want to go with a cream with a cool undertone of pink or blue rather then warm with a yellow base. Do you think that will make the room look stark?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 1:16 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• From your description, the pink or blue undertone sounds nice! Ill BUMP for you though.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 1:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Ours is cream walls and my linens are Tiffany blue and chocolate brown. Our master bath is sage green and browns.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:19 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Ours are an olive green and beige paint with white and brown linens and antique wood finishes
    I think the cool tones will be nice, whatever makes you feel at peace. You're the one that has to be in that room every night!
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 1:31 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Ours is a color called Ruffled Feathers. It's sort of a mushroom-y color. 

It's a fairly small room, only 16 feet wide, so I didn't want to go any darker than this.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• all white for now til the summer then we are redoing it
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I think that'll be fine. Not too stark or weird.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It's very boring actually. Neutral walls... off white curtains, brown comforter... so I used bright red as an accent. I have throw pillows, a red blanket hung on the wall above the bed, like a curtain... and red glass throughout the room. It's much more livable now!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• wow.. I am tired... No, yours sounds very pretty. Mine is boring. I saw today that Target has some very pretty blue things out for spring.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:22 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• omg..lol..i had to actually go walk into my room and check!! HAHAHA, ive lived here 3years and couldn't remember..they are a greyish blueish colour..but more grey..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Our walls are a light grey. I think a cream color with an undertone of any color really would work with dark wood furniture. Dark wood is pretty neutral so you can do a lot with it. Good luck!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:27 AM on Jan. 2, 2011