Cold/Flu Resource Question:

What do you do for the cold/flu/stomach flu? Tis the season. Please post your advice for those who are new to babies/children and the "crud".

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I put it here so more people would see it and hopefully respond!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i dont do anything lol.
    i dont do anything to prevent it from coming like shots of meds or anything because who is to say i would have gotten it if i didnt take these things? no one.
    IF i do get sick, i use just homeopathic medicine or natural medicine and do it the old fashion way and let my body fight it off naturally.

i havent been seriously sick in YEARS AND YEARS and i honestly believe it is because i dont take ANY medicine EVER. not even Tylenol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• For babies you give tylenol for fever, for puking and diaherrea you give water and pedialite, for buggers use that ball sucky thing to suck out the mucos and for chest congestion sit in a steamy bathroom with baby. Dont overdress a fevered baby, Wipe your surfaces in the house down everyday with a disenfecting cloth like fridge handles counter tops and door handles.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:00 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thank you for your answer. What I meant may have not been clear. What do you do for your family when they do get sick? How do you cope? Do you have any tricks for dealing with the cold and flu?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• like what medicine or ways to take care of them?? is that what you mean??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Hand washing is a MUST. Vomiting and diarrhea- clear fluids and pedialyte. Colds- I like to give my daughter benadryl. For a real stuffy nose, I slather vaporub or eucalyptus oil on her feet and put socks on her...it works like a charm. I use a humidifier too. I try not to keep the house too warm in the winter. I am a firm believer in Beanies for the head!

KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I mean, what works for you, what helps when everyone is sick?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I haven't been sick for more than two days in about three years! I used to get at least one terrible cold or flu each year but I came across this line of products called Sun Dew cold and flu management system and haven't been sick since! My favorite product is first response. As soon as I hear a sniffle or sneeze I have my kids take a dose every few hours and it is honestly amazing. They're never sick for more than a day or two. I put the link in here if you wanna try it!
    jmmoore321

Answer by jmmoore321 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2009