Need Advice

I'm still in love with my baby's father but I'm scared to look for him again, I changed all my info and haven't heard from him since I quit my job. I heard he asks about me all the time, he wants to see me, but I'm so scared, his parents to hate me because I'm pregnant. I want to tell him everything that is going on, how baby girl is growing everyday inside me. I know it's not going to be ok I know ;( why can't his parents accept the fact that most people in America have kids before marriage, It's not like before, its not like in your country where Islam is everywhere. People have a lot of beliefs here.

I am 5 months pregnant, I am not forcing him to be a part of the baby's life.

vall11

Asked by vall11 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Give them time. That's all i can say. To them, you could possibly be ruining their son's life. They are mad and disappointed...but they will more than likely come around. While it may seem to be the norm to have a child before marriage, it is really not. I say that, and I was a mom at 17...unmarried. Things will work out. Sounds like we were in a very similar situation....they may need time. How old are you guys?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I am 19 and He 23....
    vall11

Comment by vall11 (original poster) at 1:49 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I'm the first anon above...geez he's 23? He's an adult. At this point, his parents really do need to let go and deal with this. I was thinking you guys were younger. Still I assume they will get over it in time. Just be the best mom you can be, focus on your child and things will fall into place. Good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• At 23 his parents really need to butt out. You're both adults. While they may not agree with your pregnancy..it's really none of their business. Do what you feel is right. Good luck!
    wonderwhatsnext

Answer by wonderwhatsnext at 2:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• His parents need to "BUTT OUT"! Also he may be hiding behind them because he's too much of a coward to face his responsibility. If this continues....Child support time! He knows you're pregnant, and he know he need to step up. If he continues to hide behind mommy and daddy, let the child court handle it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Wow his parents do need to realize that it takes TWO to make a baby! I wish you the best of luck and CONGRATULATIONS!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 3:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• that's what i'm saying but i think its because they are Muslim. He isn't much of a participant so why does it matter? Stupid people seriously its not the 1850 common!
    vall11

Comment by vall11 (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• It will get better give them time
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 3:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Aw thats tough.. but he needs to be a man and get away from his parents if he really wants to be in your babies life!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i was in a relationship with a muslim guy once... they are REALLY involved in the family unit, so his parents butting out probably won't happen. this guy i mentioned, still lived with his parents at 29, because he said it's customary for men to stay with their parents until married. Much of this situation relies on you, however. If you really are that deeply in love with this man, it's up to you to establish contact with him and let him know what's going on. From there the two of you can decide how to handle his parents. I do believe that, given enough time to get used to the idea, his parents will come around. After all, you are carrying their grandchild. and who can resist a baby? keep your chin up. everything will work out for you :)
    crittleren

Answer by crittleren at 5:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2011