My son is 4 months and still not sleeping through the night!

I am about to pull my hair out over this my SO and I have tried everything possible nothing has worked! any suggestions

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 2:07 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well though some babies do sleep through the night that early i believe my doctor told me the average age is 12 months! my dd didnt sleep thru night until she was 14 months. My sons both were 4 and 6 weeks. Every child is different and i am sorry for you. Lack of sleep doesn't make a very happy momma!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Stop trying to get him to sleep through the night! He's an infant, way too young for a routine. Don't give in to what these books say, and please, for the love of god, don't listen to these "supermoms" who brag that their children slept through the night from day 1. I know you are tired, and just wish the kid would sleep. I bet you feel like you are sleepwalking all day long.... For us, it was much easier to cosleep, that way we all got rest =) Sleeping throught the night is not a milestone. Enjoy these days, they go by way too fast.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 2:17 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• 4 months is not too old to not sleep through the night. Many babies don't sleep through the night until much later. I know it's hard, but it's totally normal. Young babies who sleep through the night are the exception, not the norm.
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Running activities, dinner, bathtime reading time and then... zzzzzz
    dalemas

Answer by dalemas at 2:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Also, it's a tipical age imagining monsters and ghost during the nighttime.
    It would be very good to have at least 30-minute storytime to relax.
    dalemas

Answer by dalemas at 2:32 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I dont know what the normal age is i just know i havent had a baby in four years and my daughter slept thru the night by2 months
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My niece is 5 years old, and still not sleeping through the night. As for your 4 month old, Just add a little cereal with his formula right before bedtime, but give him a nice warm bath first.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Cereal didnt work
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Seriously! Don't expect that your baby would sleep through the night! Some will, MOST won't. BUT... I do recommend the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". This saved my "life" and/or sanity with my daughter. We didn't read it until she was 6mo old, wish I would have read it earlier. My son is also 4mo. now. I'm guessing we'll have an easier time with him, but he gets up 2-3 times a night. Even if they are waking up for feedings, it is good to get a routine going, and a loose nap schedule during the day. The best take away quote from the book is "sleep begets sleep"... the more good sleep they get the better they sleep.
    GalliumGirl

Answer by GalliumGirl at 2:39 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ok thanks
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Jan. 2, 2011