• In the Spotlight:

Feeling really crampy at 5 weeks 1 day pregnant! Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

I've been cramping off and on for a couple of days (before I even knew I was pregnant) but today I've been even more crampy than usual.

I've had NO bleeding what-so-ever!

This is my third baby.

Is this normal for 5 weeks when you are having your third baby?

Is it just everything stretching out or should I be concerned?

How do I know if the cramps are NOT normal and are NOT apart of a healthy pregnancy? (I've never had a miscarriage before)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your advice nurse to ask them what they think. I don't know if this is normal or not. When I had my miscarriage, I had waves of super intense cramps. I could tell something was VERY wrong and then i started bleeding A LOT...

Best of luck to you and your baby! :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i don't know when it's the third but i know it is generaly.... your boby is changing every second now but if you are having concerns then the best thing to do is to talk to a doctor.... good luck
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:23 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I've been pregnant twice. One was with my 4 year old dd, and the other ended in miscarriage. I had cramps both times. I personally think it's normal, but if you are worried...ask the OB, or midwife. Stress is not good for pregnancy. Hugs!
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• when i cramped but didn't bleed i had a urinary tract infection...call you ob on monday or go to the er if cramping gets to bad
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Thanks for everyone's responces and thanks for the advise hammomof2!!

It has been burning a bit when I pee so maybe that's what is going on. I'll call my doctor Monday morning and if things get bad before then I'll go to the ER.

Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I cramped like crazy with both on my children from probably 5 weeks to 10 weeks on and off, and it always scared the crap out of me. My doctor said it's fine as long as I'm not bleeding. Try a heating pad on your back or take a bath - those helped me a lot.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I would go get checked out just in case.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2011