Do you have a dare devil or one that just sits back and watches...

i have a dare devil and it scars the heck out of me... it's nice in a way to cause he love roller coasters.. and isn't scared to try new things... loves to take chances without a blink of and eye... unlike me who would just sit watch.. and my son is only 2.... ahhhh what is he thinking lol

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 2:35 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Prepare for broken bones...I have a daredevil too and he jumped off the couch at daycare and broke his leg...They have no concept of self preservation, so you are right to fret. I find that I am constantly chasing mine around saying, don't do that, stop it, you're going to bonk your head.

So, now, he tells people that he can't do things because he might fall on his head. lol
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have one that is now 9. He jumped off coch when he was 2 and split tummy_2 inches of intestines was on outside of tummy. had surgery and was all better. i have since only dealt with broken bones and fractures! If you find out how to keep him down , let me know! LOL
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• i had one but he out grew his dare devils ways
    but he would climb tree's see if he could fly
    thought he go in sewers chancing ninja turtles
    pulled a cake out oven with no gloves on
    i knew if i yelled and scream he would do more harm to him self
    so that nice but deep inside i was yelling in time i was not caring but i was
    he just stop weird but true oh he 26 and father now his child will do the same thing lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• I have one daredevil who is one years old and one that just sit back at watches and she is three. My one year old always has bruises, scratches, and bump. Scares the crap out of me!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• my 2 yr old dd is a dare devil and my 4 yr old ds sits back and watches...i just try to get her not to do things that can really hurt her and if she gets minorly hurt i tell her "see mommy told you you would get hurt" she normally won't do the same thing twice if she gets hurt and i tell her that...instead she will find something else to get hurt doing...
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 4:03 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• In this order
    Cam: Sits back---He's the oldest and he's rather let his younger siblings get hurt.
    Chris: Daredevil---Has already had a broken arm from tying a shirt around his neck and jumping from the top bunk and landing on his skateboard.
    Corbin: Daredevil---He had a knot on his head because somehow he thought he could crack a watermelon open with his head(genius).
    Gabby: Daredevil--On our walk the other day 2 small dogs began barking at her, instead of running or crying or anything I thought she would do, she barked back. She wouldn't leave, I had to pick her up and carry her the rest of the way and even then she was still barking back.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:37 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My 4 year old is a daredevil but he doesn't do anything he knows he can't. We have a rock wall at our park that's at least 8 feet high- he'll climb to the top, flip himself over and climb back down. He jumps from high places and somersaults onto the floor. We've escaped any broken bones so far, but I expect it will happen eventually.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Keep a careful watch on him at all times!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My Lo only 7 months and is already so curious...i think he's gonna be a dare devil just like his Dad. I'm already
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2011

• ... a nervous wreck when he gets into stuff...just wait.
    LogansMamma0511