What did you get from your kids for christmas?

My husband when out with our dd to get me something. She choose a little heart that has written "I love you" on it. It's lying on our bed and she of it. She is constantly giving it to me. "Here mom, nice and soft, huh?"lol Cute.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 2, 2011 in Holidays

• awww...that's so cute !

My hubby also took my girls out....my oldest girl picked out a "mother's journal" for me which i love and my youngest picked out a silver plated bookmark with a beautiful poem inscribed on it about courage. I love them both.....
    AND at my children's school they have a christmas store every year...the kids bring a quarter for every person on their list to buy for, but they are given a limit....items in the store are donated either by stores or by families ( so some new, some used)....my oldest girl was sick on the days they had the store, but my youngest bought me a candle in a crystal candle holder....& every day since christmas she asks "do you like your candle mama?" & I of course say "YES" or some other deeper version of yes.....and then she asks me to light it...I suggest we light it at supper when we have more time to enjoy it...we've had canlelit suppers every day since Christmas !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My husband helped my kids make me ornaments with their pictures on them and then they got to color on them which was very special.It was so much better than any store bought gift.
    Tonya849

Answer by Tonya849 at 4:08 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Nothing. and I got nothing from my husband. Just like every other year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• When ds and I were out, he spotted some earrings in the jewelry department at Kohls, and wanted to get them for me for xmas. I tried to dissuade him, to no avail. ..so, he even had me wrap the box, "coz you do it pretty, mom. " they are cute little sterling silver dangles, with two CZ drops. I think they cost $18.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My husband got a Yorkie stuffed dog off of ebay for my daughter to give to me as I have a real Yorkie, then they got me Just dance for the Wii and some Winter Tracs for my shoes because I have a tendancy to slip on the ice. I knew about the 1st 2 but when I opened the last I was totally surprised that they thought of me like that. I was very touched.
    It's sweet that you daughter does thta. Makes a persons heart go all warm.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• Oh yeah, he's 5 1/2.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2011

• My middle son God bless him...money
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2011

• Oh, what a great question, thank you!

A couple of months before Christmas, at a gas station where we stopped during a road trip, Felipe (3 yrs old) saw some coffee cups and randomly said "Mom, would you like me to buy you one of these coffee cups?" It was so sweet. So I gave him my card, and he bought a cup. We put it in the trunk for the rest of the trip.

When we got home and I took it out, he said I couldn't use it b/c it was going to be a Christmas present, and he told me to leave it on the counter lol!

Then when it was time to wrap presents, I asked him if he wanted me to unwrap the coffee cup on Christmas morning, and he said yes. So I said OK, here, you can wrap it - and he said no, he wanted me to wrap it lol!!!

So I did. He wrote "To Mom FRUM FELIPE" on it, and we stuck it under the tree.

So on Christmas morning, I opened a gift for myself that *I* had purchased, looked at, and wrapped! But he picked it
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• For me it is more the thought than the actual gift....DD sent Pioneer Woman Cookbook and a framed picture of DGS. Love it!
    Son sent a gift card to Texas Road House....very special as that is where we go when he come home.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011