contractions???

hi im37 weeks and one day pregnant and i keep getting these weird feelings in my stomach like it gets super tight only really at the top and then i feel so much pressure in my vagina like i have to pee very bad but i dont then it goes away and comes back like every 6 mins so is that the baby getting hard or those contractions? please help this is my first baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm...they certainly could be contractions! Drink a big glass of water and try to lay down for an hour or so. If they go away and don't come back when you get up, then it's probably just Braxton-Hicks. If you're really nervous, you can call your doctor in the morning, or even call the labor and delivery at your hospital. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You'll know if its real contractions because they will be uncomfortable at first like menstrual cramps, and get progressively worse.

It sounds like braxton hicks contractions, but the fact that you can time them has me intrigued. How long have you been able to time them?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I had contractions that felt like that during my pregnancy--in fact I would almost feel a bit tired afterwards like I had walked upstairs or something like that.... They could be Braxton Hicks but the only way to know for sure is to talk to the doctor! If they are real contractions, they will eventually get worse and you will know for sure, but you should talk to the doctor!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You will know when it's time trust me.
    Ivayla

Answer by Ivayla at 8:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2008